At Youth Friendly we work to and support the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). In addition, we have developed a core set of principles that guide and underpin everything we do:
- Participation - Children and Young People are involved and included in every project. Participation is far beyond a box-ticking exercise; it is our identity.
- Fun - We work to make consultations and projects fun. We believe it brings out the best in people.
- Creative and Fresh - Media and resources should be creative and fresh, not just dusting up what’s been done before.
- Innovative - We find new ways to do things that solve problems and deliver better results.
- Excellence - For us, 'good enough' is not good enough, especially when it comes to children and young people.
- Inclusive - Everyone should be able to take part, this is supported by actively engaging, networking and developing partnerships on this principle.
- Safe - We aim at all times for people to be physically and emotionally safe. This includes CRB checks, careful interviewing, continuous training, fluid communication, creative planning and ‘switched on’ delivery.
- Eco-friendly - We carbon offset our work, we Reduce, Re-use and Recycle where appropriate and our offices are in an eco-friendly building. However, promoting and supporting an eco-friendly culture with children and young people is what we believe will make the biggest impact.